Registration for the Next ExAC Sitting
Next Sitting: February 28 - March 1, 2022.
Registration Period: September 1 to October 15, 2021, at 12:00 PM (noon).
Deadline for submitting hours : October 1st, 2021.
Return to an in-person, paper and pencil format
The Committee for the ExAC (CExAC) is pleased to provide the following update for candidates planning to sit for the next administration of the ExAC scheduled for Monday, February 28th, 2022 and Tuesday, March 1st, 2022.
The CExAC, with the support of the eleven Canadian Architectural Licensing Authorities, can confirm that the next administration will be held in-person and return to a pencil and paper format.
Interns should be assured that everyone involved in the development, maintenance and delivery of the ExAC is committed to ensuring the best delivery option and ongoing viability of the examinations.
To be eligible to register for the ExAC:
1. You must hold Intern status with one of the Canadian Architectural Licensing Authorities and be in good standing (ie. not be the subject of a complaint or disciplinary proceeding or hold Provisional CACB certification) and;
2. You must have recorded hours in the Canadian Experience Record Book (CERB) and submitted them for review and approval and;
3. A minimum of 2800 hours must be approved. You will not be officially registered for ExAC without 2800 hours of approved experience and;
4. You must complete and submit the Registration Form and pay the fee.
The cost for the four sections is set out on the ExAC Registration Form.
All fees must accompany the ExAC Registration Form and are payable to the Intern’s Licensing Authority whether or not the ExAC administration is being hosted by another Licensing Authority.
Methods of acceptable payments are at the discretion of the Intern’s Licensing Authority. The ExAC Registration Form indicates a credit card payment option, however not all jurisdictions accept payment in this manner.
It is recommenced that Interns review the FAQ section regarding acceptable methods of payment to their Licensing Authority.
OAQ interns : please use the online registration form through your OAQ portal.
Other Provincial/Territorial licensing authorities interns :
Please download this ZIP file containing the following documents :
- Registration Form
- Special Accommodation Request Form
- Preparation Guide
- General and Specific Objectives.
Complete the Registration Form, and the Special Accommodation Request Form (if needed), and follow the instructions on page 1. Application must be received at your Provincial/Territorial licensing authority at 12:00 (noon) on October 15, 2021.