ExAC based on international standards
The first priority of the Licensing Authorities that developed the ExAC, was to create an examination in French and English, that meets international standards for the development, administration, scoring and reporting of licensing examinations.
Test Consultants were part of the development teams throughout the entire process.
Development and validation teams of Canadian architects, are guided by the Test Consultants to:
- Develop/update the ExAC objectives
- Write/update questions based on the specific objectives
- Validate and review the questions to ensure appropriateness of content for all Canadian jurisdictions
- Evaluate question's overall quality in terms of clarity
- Evaluate levels of difficulty, and
- Verify adherence to specific objectives and to standards of practice in the writting of examination questions.
In addition, the items are being tested by Canadian architects. Data is collected to determine the quality of the questions and a standard setting procedure is conducted to establish the cut score. For more information consult the Technical and Statistical Report page.